RIDBA is delighted to present the RIDBA Building Awards for 2019, showcasing the best in rural and industrial buildings.
Rules for Entry
- The RIDBA Building Awards are free to enter.
- All entries must be received by RIDBA by Friday 9 November at 5:00pm. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- Entries must contain all information as set out on this form.
- Entries can be submitted online or by hard copy in the post.
- There is no limit on the number of entries but a separate form must be used for each individual entry.
- The Awards are open to RIDBA members only.
- Projects must be in the UK or the Republic of Ireland.
- Projects should have a completion date between December 2016 and November 2018.
- Projects must have the approval of all parties involved in the project including the building owner if required.
- Projects must have not been previously entered for the RIDBA Awards.
How to enter
- Complete this Entry Form in full.
- The quality of photographs is vital to the success of your entry. Please provide a good selection of high resolution photos – before, after and work in progress, including close-up and detailed shots where possible. It is important that the images are of good quality, as this will help the judging panel when making their final decisions.
- The photographs should be checked by the company safety officer to ensure compliance with any relevant Health & Safety Regulations (e.g. correct PPE).
- Photographs must be electronic – minimum resolution 300dpi – (either via emailed, file transfer, USB or CD) for the entry to progress. Unless specifically requested, USB sticks and CDs will not be returned.
- You may submit supporting material but this must be saved in a suitable file format (Word, PDF, JPEG or TIFF).
The shortlist will be announced in January 2019 and the awards will be presented at the RIDBA Building Awards dinner on Friday 15 March 2019 in Nottingham. The Judging Panel’s decision will be final.
The Winners from 2017
The 2017 finalists demonstrated the diverse range of projects that members are involved in, and the quality at which their work is finished to. RIDBA members are at the forefront of innovation, and show just what this industry can do. Whatever the project, from schools to barns, RIDBA members can provide quality workmanship and innovative solutions.
The RIDBA Building Awards celebrate the best in rural and industrial buildings delivered by members over the past two years.
The 2017 winners were announced at an awards ceremony in March 2017 at the Radisson Blu hotel in Cardiff. The black-tie event, with a three course dinner was hosted by TV presenter and wildlife expert, Kate Humble.
Download the RIDBA Building Awards 2017 Winners Brochure.
2017 Building Award Winners
Overall Winner: Shufflebottom -CUBRIC Building, Cardiff
Cattle: Shand Building Design -Middleton of Rora, Aberdeenshire
Education & Research: Shufflebottom -CUBRIC Building, Cardiff
Recreation & Leisure: A.C. Bacon Engineering - Pensthorpe Play Barn, Norfolk
Storage: Timmins Engineering & Construction - Stancil Farm, Doncaster
Commercial: Shufflebottom - Wales Air Ambulance, Carmarthenshire
Production & Process: A.J. Lowther & Son - Ancre Hill Winery, Monmouth
Equestrian: M.D. Anthony - Rathmoy Stables (American Barn), Newmarket