A record number of entries across eight categories have been whittled down to form the RIDBA Building Awards 2023 shortlist.
The winners will be announced at an awards evening hosted by comedian and author Mark Watson at the Graduate Hotel, in Cambridge, on Friday, September 22.
The RIDBA Building Awards 2023 shortlist is:
- Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Station, A.C. Bacon Engineering
- CJ Cox Limited New Workshop, Rose Engineering
- Roundhouse Play Area, S&A Fabrications
- Franks Ice Cream, Shufflebottom
- Morgan Sindall Merthyr Bus Station, Shufflebottom
- Tong Engineering, Timmins Engineering
- Replacement general purpose building, A.C. Bacon Engineering
- S. Batty & Son, Colley Farm Buildings
- New grain store facility, LF Pearce & Son
- Sakata UK Ltd, Timmins Engineering
- Sir Richard Sutton Estates, Timmins Engineering
- Forestry workshop, Wareing Buildings
Industrial and production
- Bacton Transport, M D Anthony
- Dawson’s Wharf pellet bund, S&A Fabrications
- Smart Systems, Shufflebottom
- Cropper Close, Henco International, Wareing Buildings
- Graham & Brown, Wareing Buildings
- McMurrays Haulage, Wareing Buildings
- Ben Pauling Racing, Naunton Downs, D Jones Welding
- Oxey Farm suckler building, M D Anthony
- West Midlands Safari Park, Minshall Construction
- Sunnylands, Powell & Co Construction
- Ash Holt Barns, Timmins Engineering
- Pembertons cattle shed, Wareing Buildings
Residential and offices
- The Property Hub, M D Anthony
- Island estates, Shufflebottom
- Luda barns, Timmins Engineering
- Luxury residential property in Poulton-le-Fylde, Wareing Buildings
New product or service
- Halo Solar, Ash & Lacy
- Voortman V807, Cutmaster Machines
- Innovative pig lift, Designeering
- STRUMIS e-learning, STRUMIS
- Tekla PowerFab 2023, Trimble
- Hybrid Supa Slat, Wolfenden Concrete
Prizes will also be handed out for outstanding workmanship and training.
The judges of the awards are RIDBA’s technical consultant Martin Heywood, RIDBA’s livestock consultant Jamie Robertson, working at height expert Joe Black and LEAF Marque farmer Andrew Brown.
Tickets have been in extremely high demand. As a result, from now on bookings for the awards evening will only be available to those who have made the shortlist.
Thank you to all of those members who took the time to enter and thank you to those members who are sponsoring the event. AJN Steelstock will headline sponsor the awards. The premium sponsors are Joseph Ash Galvanizing, Barrett Steel and STRUMIS. The event sponsors are Steadmans and Kingspan.
You can read more about the awards in the summer 2023 edition of the RIDBA Journal.
You can see the winners of the RIDBA Building Awards 2021 here.